Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Feel Good To help Others

Have you ever help someone before? Not someone you know or someone you like (in order to attract him/her). Have you ever help a stranger before? It feels good when you do.

Yesterday while I was on my way to work, I helped an Indian guy. He was the type of Indian guy you and I wouldn't want to help. Those gangster kind of look with a small black Adidos (fake adidas) bag hanging around his neck. So this guy came into the bus, and it cost RM2 per ride, he only got RM1.30. He was searching for money in his left, right and back pocket and all he got was just RM1.30. (he doesn't even have a wallet). So me being me. I mean, I was not myself yesterday... I topped up another RM1 for him. As I said earlier, he's the type of Indian I wouldn't wanna help. Not being racist here. But in the end, I helped the poor fella and guess what? I actually feel good bout it. It brighten up my yesterday.

Then just when I thought of taking a cab home, (cause I sprained my back yesterday while carrying furniture) I bummed into a China lady. Not prostitute. Just a normal lady. She was asking me something in Mandarin for 3mins. Not that I don't understand what she was saying, it's just that...oh, never mind. So finally after 3mins of bla-ing, I gave her RM20. She said thank you and she also said that when her boss come down from Beijing tomorrow (which is today!!), she'll ask her boss to buy me lunch. She was really polite, even as I'm walking away, she kept bowing and saying thank you. What is strange is that, I do feel good for helping her, but after awhile, the feeling was gone, new feeling came in, I felt CHEATED by the lady. Sigh. So much for being a good guy.

No comments: