Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lydia: "You have a natural cocky face"

I was shocked when she said this. In fact she didn't said "cocky", she used "lan ci" to describe me. I was like, what? me? cocky face? C'mon, I'm everything but cocky.

It all happened that night we were in Old Town, I phewiitt-ed the waiter and asked for the bill. He nodded. Walked back to the counter casually then turned back, took 5 steps and put his hands behind his buttock and said, "Twenty one ringgit and forty five cents." followed by a smile. And all I did was just looked at him and said, "We asked for the bill, can we see the bill? Thank you :) :) :) :)"

Then Lydia added, "Anthony, you are so mean. You have a natural lan ci face". It still bothers me till today. So I decided to blog this and let my readers to decide whether or not, I have a cocky face.

I mean, me. Of all people, me. I have to cocky face. Its totally way out from the truth. I define the word "humility". I'm the down to earth kind of guy.

Oxford gave the meaning for humility as "the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc. "
It's as if they are mentioning my name in the Oxford dictionary for that word.

I've checked my background, starting from my great grandparents. All of them are humble. Well maybe, my grandma wasn't such a humble person. If my grandma was there with us that night, and that waiter mention the price instead of showing us the bill when we asked for it, my grandma will swing her heavy right arm and eventually cause serious damage to the poor boy's pi pi. He should thank God that my grandma is praising Jesus in Heaven now.

So I don't have a cocky face. Is just my principle. When I ask for something, I expect for that something, not something else.

So readers, you decide, ok? Whether I'm HUMBLE (choose this) or naturally own a cocky face.

Let tell you the scenario again if you forgotten why Lydia said I have a cocky face. It's a scenario almost similiar to what really happened.

We went to Old Town. Sat down. Opened the menu. The waiter was ready to take our orders. And..

Anthony: "Erm, what do you recommend? What's good to eat here?"
Smiling Waiter: "Today is Monday"
Anthony: ...
Lydia: You have a natural cocky face, Anthony.

Readers, the power is in your hand. Vote today!





ps: ik houd van u

9 comments:

lydiatong207 said...

haha!! it was not like dat ok! it was like this..

waiter: thats 14 rinngit and 30 cents please..

anthony: BILL!!

waiter: erm.. its 14 ring....

anthony: I ASKED FOR THE BILL!! WHERE'S THE BILL??!! BILL!!

lydia: .........

there you go! this is actually wat happen... poor waiter loh! i know he blur la but no need to act lke he's stupid... ahhahah!

Cmate said...

No offense but.. first time I saw you, I thougth you were lansi too lol. Takes time to know that you are not.. jtus your face...

Anthony said...

wah wah lydia, congrats! you're becoming like formx already.. noe how to make stories ah..

I was so polite lo, I even spoke slowly to the waiter but haih..
he still didn't understand..

Anthony said...

Yea, Gina is right, takes time to know how wonderful i am..

Shaun Tey said...

Cocky!

An example was when you said I haven't found any worthy opponents in table tennis yet! Now, i don't see any humility in that, and that's probably why Oxford named that word 'humility' and not 'anthony'. :P

Anthony said...

haha, u got it wrong shaun.. i said like dat because i want to motivate u to challenge me.. indirect motivation la..

Shaun Tey said...

ok...so when la? Friday mou?

Anthony said...

this friday cant la.. what happend to last thursday? i was waiting for your call lo..

next week thurs la, ok? you call me man..

Shaun Tey said...

okok...set, next Thursday morning... I call u!