Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Women Nowadays...

It was five in the evening in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. My car was just 3 inches behind a classic white Datsun, hand written "JJ 6821" on a cardboard hanging behind it's rusty back and 4 inches in front of metallic maroon Honda Accord. It was a Honda Accord 2.0 VTi with 2.0 liter R-series SOHC i-VTEC engine to be exact! To be more specific, the driver was a lady. In her late twenties I guess. A high power kind of businesswoman with a pair of very attractive eyes I would say. And ya, how about the Datsun driver you might ask. Never mind him. He is not the one I was distracted to anyway.

It was those KL's traffic jam where your car moved from point A to point B (10meters) in just, oh well, not that long, just a good 15minutes. If your bladder is full and ready to explode anytime on its own just like mine, you can double the time duration. Traffic was moving very slowly and eventually it came to a complete stop (hallelujah!). And it was the time when you can do nothing, absolutely nothing but check your message inbox, sing along with Mr Michael Buble, "Come FLY With Me" and occasionally check out Miss Mysterious Eyes in her Accord. There she was, blowing her fingernails, making calls, giggle and admiring her own nails again and again.

She was the polite and rich girl I assumed. The soft spoken type. The cover-her-mouth-when-laughing type. But I wonder how in the world she get her Accord, brand new. From her rich daddy or her rich sugar daddy? Or maybe she bought it with her own hard earned money? Fine. Let say she bought it, and I'm driving a Kenari which I borrowed earlier today. I'm jealous.

In a couple of minutes, the lane next to me started moving. I tried everything I possibly could to get into that lane, but nobody was willing to let my small car squeeze in. I had my left signal on, I was smiling and waving, I was holding up money, I was blowing kisses, I was doing everything, yet nobody even let me in.

Finally, a gentleman was kind enough to let me pull into the lane in front of him. I thought, "All right! At last I can get going!" But just as my car head pointing to that lane, the flow of the traffic in that lane stopped again, and I had to slam on the brakes. Meanwhile, my previous lane, the white Datsun, started moving! And there we go, now we have another jackarse in Kenari blocking the traffic again. The soft spoken lady I was stalking earlier, honking and and grumbling away in her car. The best part, I was honoured to judge her newly painted finger nails. No, check that. her finger NAIL. Oh, you see, she only showed me a finger, the longest one among the five. The middle one. All I can say is, it was very well manicured.

I reached home 7pm. I went straight to my toilet before saying "Hi" to my mum.

1 comment:

Jupester said...

wahliew u so free to measure the inches between cars.OMG are u a spy for the public works dept or sth? O.o
-hweithieng-